Football season is in full swing! With that in mind, here is a article from Investopedia that compares football to your retirement planning. Retirement might be just around the corner or years away. Either way, a game plan is essential to be able to win retirement. Below are some helpful tips for people who are nearing retirement.
5 Things to Do 10 Years from Retirement
The article discusses 5 things to do 10 years from retirement. Those are:
- Determine what retirement means to you
- Determine how much you will spend monthly
- Address the sources of income you will have in retirement
- Revise your investment strategy
- Consider hiring a financial advisor
Making decisions on these items will allow you create a plan tailored to you. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t immediately have answers for these. The closer you get to retirement, the more clear many of these answers will become.
Resources to Accomplish Tasks Above
Below are some links to help you get the answers for the questions above. The links come from reputable companies that we partner with to help you along you on the field.
- Here is a worksheet that will let you think about the activities you want to do in retirement
- This is a worksheet that has most of the expenses you will have in retirement.
- Here are some different sources of retirement income
- This is some information on investment strategies
- Here is some information on why an advisor may make sense for you
Just like football players practice and train before the season, we believe that the best way to create a successful retirement is to build a game plan well before retirement. If you would like a second pair of eyes on your current situation, or have any questions do not hesitate to call. We offer a 1 hour complimentary meeting to discuss your situation and provide professional advice.
Click here to read the full article.
To read more about retirement click here
To hear our thoughts on the current market click here
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter