Have you ever wondered if you are paying too much for your investments? If so, you’re not alone. We have clients come to us to be a second set of eyes on their portfolio and ask this quite often. The short of it is, maybe. You have to make sure that you are comparing apples to apples, not apples to oranges.
At Mills Wealth Advisors, we believe costs matter and we strive to keep our portfolios with low fees. Our average portfolio has a 0.28% fee. So if you are looking for an advisor who will look out for fees for you, look no further.
Below is a quick way for you to measure whether or not your funds are expensive. Below are the average cost at different classes of funds, an an article to go with it.
- Equity mutual funds: 0.63 percent average asset-weighted expense ratio
- Bond mutual funds: 0.51 percent
- Hybrid mutual funds: 0.74 percent
- Target-date funds: 0.51 percent
- Money market funds: 0.18 percent